Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Recap // Lost Pines


Some of you who've read my blog since the very beginning have seen my son grow up from just a little baby old into an energetic 4 year-old boy.  He's got the sweetest spirit and everyone who meets him always comments what a joy he is.  He's one of those kids who will sit and chat with you as long as you're willing to talk.  I like sharing bits of my life with him here and I got some cute pictures this weekend while we were away on a quick getaway at Lost Pines in Bastrop, Texas.  I always debate if I should bring my good camera (Nikon D90) or just use my iPhone, but I'm always happy when I bring the good one.  





It was our first time at Lost Pines and I would totally recommend it for families, which is what it's geared toward.  I hope we get to go back again!  I am a little sleepy today from sharing a bed with a toddler for two nights - feet and elbows hitting me all night.  Can you relate?







Pool time!  The pool at Lost Pines is awesome because a big portion of it is only two feet deep, so kids can swim and also stand up.  









"I've got my phone and my camera just like you, Mom!"  One time when leaving the hotel room, the door closed and without missing a beat, he's all, "I forgot my phone!"  












Apparently, "sunbutter" is not the same as peanut butter.  







But, making s'mores is fun!  







I wish I got some better pics of this bull riding, but it was pretty dark out by the time it was his turn.  It went really slow and he hopped off when he was finished.    







My husband also adores our son.  He's a really good, kind Dad. 







The pina coladas were really good too!  I'm wearing Stella & Dot Wanderlust Triple Wrap (on sale) and the love bracelet along with a few others no longer available.  These are perfect for the summer- I haven't taken them off lately! 





I put a few more shots of our weekend on my Instagram.   I'm off today to see my hairdresser- she needs to clean up my hair after I impulsively cut off about 5 inches on Thursday!  I was just over it with this heat and never wanting to style it so it was always in a top knot or ponytail.  After I cut it, it looked pretty good from the front- but it's a hot mess in the back!  You can catch a shot of that on Insta too.  ;)  A few of you asked about hair curling details and you can see what I use to curl my hair here





_________________





On Honey We're Healthy:  Mustard Lemon Chicken with Thyme

























No comments:

Post a Comment