Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Accomplishing Goals


Hi friends!  Not much new here on the home front as I've been busting it in the gym and with other commitments.  If you've been following along on my fitness journey, I just posted a Bikini Contest Prep- 4 Weeks Out Recap.  I "resolved" at the New Year to get in shape.  I had gained extra weight and wasn't happy in my skin, and was tired of feeling slow and heavy.  I needed to get my groove and energy back.  Three months later, at age 39, I was preparing for a bikini fitness competition (a very old "bucket-list" item of mine).  Now, in June, I'm really seeing results and am so thankful that I started when I did.  This has been a half-year commitment to myself that I'm very proud of.  It takes a lot of physical effort and dedication (and support from family and friends) to work toward something like this.  I'm super excited to be turning this forgotten goal into a reality in just 4 weeks!












If you have "old" dreams and goals, I invite you to reexamine them and to see if you can take one small step toward them today.  It might just be dreaming the dream again.  Or making a phone call or chatting with a friend about it.  Do some research, write down your goal.  Maybe tomorrow, you start making a plan.  Before you know it, you're executing your plan and you're one step closer to achieving a goal that you might have never thought possible.  The book Eat That Frog! is a really motivating quick-read that can give you a boost by helping you outline the steps you need to reach your goal, then showing you how to work backwards by a certain date to achieve that goal.





Something that has always motivated me was knowing that the TIME was going to pass anyway.  It's what you do in the meantime that matters.  













No comments:

Post a Comment