Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day Gift Idea // Spa Basket


I'm sure y'all know that Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 11.  If there are any men reading this, I hope you are prepared (for the mother of your kids and for your own mom!).  For my mom, I put together a spa gift basket so she can pamper herself at home.  She isn't one to enjoy going for a massage or spa day, much preferring to be home, so this will be perfect for her.  It was really easy to put together also.  I purchased everything at Target, with the exception of two specialty bar soaps I found on sale at World Market.  










The goodies I chose for the basket include all kinds of wonderful smelling ingredients for a spa day at home:





Sugar Body Scrub


Loofah Gloves


Terry Cloth Headband


Wet Brush- LOVE this!


Muscle Relief Mineral Soak


Pedicure Brush/Scrubber


Body Lotion


Facial Masks


Candle


Cosmetic Case


Nail Polish


Nail Art Stickers 


Polish Remover


Specialty Bar Soaps


Spa Towel





I simply arranged them in the basket on the spa towel in a pretty way- taller things at the top and sides, and shorter items up front.  I also tried to color coordinate the items to that they would look good together. 










I think it's much better to choose the items yourself as opposed to buying a pre-made set.  It seems like those sets inevitably contain unnecessary items and it's better to just get one or two quality things that the recipient will really use instead.  I made sure to smell everything, remembering the scents my mom is fond of or doesn't like.  For my "basket", I actually chose a white tin bucket because it was the perfect shape and size and I loved the crispness of it.   She'll be able to use it later for another purpose.  










I put the nail polish, nail art stickers, and polish remover in the cosmetic case.  I found the Mother's Day card at Paper Source over a month ago, but snatched it up, holding onto it for this occasion. 















And, I also included a note on this cool patterned scroll paper from World Market.










I know my mom will love this gift!  Of course, most moms just want to know that they are appreciated for everything they do (much of it being done behind-the-scenes), and to have their efforts acknowledged.  My mom gives to everyone, but rarely focuses on herself.  She is the best grandma around and really deserves a wonderful Mother's Day.  I hope your day is special and that praises are heaped on you throughout the day for all you do.  










Did you ask for something special for Mother's Day? I want to hear!  How do you normally celebrate the day?    




















No comments:

Post a Comment