Thursday, February 20, 2014

Our Breakfast Room


A few changes in our breakfast room has given it a whole new look.  We spend a lot of time here eating meals, hanging out, and my son plays and does projects on the table.  It is often a mess, but I try to clean it like this at the end of each day.  I remember so well when we first moved in and didn't have anything in this space for a long time, except a rug, then after about 3 months, decided on the table and benches.  Six months after that came the drapes (I picked out the fabric and had them sewn).  At some point we added the roman shade because we were being blinded by the late afternoon sun. 










The benches are great for kids, but I often prefer to sit in a chair that has a back- much more comfortable.  Sometimes I put two chairs on the end of the table and have the benches on the sides, but moved them for now.  We bought 10 upholstered dining room chairs when we first moved in, so there are enough to have them in the dining room and also in here. I still have to remind my son to take off his shoes and not stand on the chairs but so far, so good in keeping them clean. The benches are currently backed up to the couch holding books and magazines.  I'm loving this extra storage!










But, I'm most excited about the new rug! We previously had a jute/sisal rug, but it just looked like too much beige in the room and I wanted something with more color and pattern and that would be easy to vacuum.  I think this busier pattern is helping hide dirt and spills- always a plus with a toddler.  I thought the tan in the rug looked creamier online, but now I think it's better darker and won't get as dirty looking. 










I like the size of it for this space too (6'7 x 9'6). 















I don't think the barstools are very comfortable because they are   super stiff, but my husband likes them, so . . . I guess it just depends on your preference.  It was challenging to find barstools in the height we needed because it seemed like most of them were either too short or too tall. 















I love picking up grocery store flowers- daisies last forever if you change the water and cut the stems.  





Source List













Drapery Fabric Windsor Smith Pelagos Fabric in Mist 


(I got mine at High Fashion Home for $15 a yard, but they told me when I bought it that I was buying their last of it and they wouldn't be getting more.)










Have you shopped Joss & Main before?  They feature sales that last for a few days but you can find things at great prices.  You need to sign up to view their sales.  It's free, and you can sign up here.  (If you sign up through me and make a purchase, I'll earn $15.  I bought the rug with commission I earned so THANK YOU if you signed up through my link!)













* * * * * 





You can also find me at my fitness blog, Honey We're Healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment